This workshop will be held on 20-21-22 September of 2019 at METU Physics Deparment by educators and mentors from QTurkey. Applications are open to undergraduate and graduate level students, and participants are going to be selected by a committee. There will not be any registration fee for the workshop, though the participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses. The language of the workshop is English.
The content of the workshop includes:
- The basic elements of quantum computation,
- A few basic quantum algorithms representing the power of quantum computation,
- Writing basic quantum programs.
Application dates are between 26th of August - 11th of September. Applications later than the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Participation is limited to 30 applicants and participants are going to be selected by the organizing committee.
Requisites for application:
- Programming experience (Python is primary)
- English proficiency
- Being an undergraduate or graduate level student (no restrictions on programmes)
- Bringing your own laptop and installing necessary packages (Anaconda and Qiskit etc.)
- Please fill out the application form
- Accepted participants are going to be notified at 13th of September
- Women and applicants from disadvantaged groups will be prioritized
The first workshop took place in Ankara on May 2019 with educators from [email protected], as part of the QDrive Project. It was followed by two additional workshops by QTurkey team (İstanbul and Ankara). You can check the following links for more information:
For more information you can contact: [email protected]